It shouldn't be necessary, in most cases, to tune manually as the Heritage Digital Radio will automatically scan for stations when it is first turned on. You can perform a rescan at any time by pressing the SCAN button on the front panel if new stations become available in your area.
It is possible to manually tune to a specific channel/frequency to add a station to the list. This can be used to obtain the optimum reception for a specific channel/frequency, taking into account the position of the aerial and your local environment.
1. Press the MENU button and turn the TUNE/SELECT dial to the manual scan option.
2. Press the TUNE/SELECT dial to confirm. The display will show the channel number and frequency as shown below:
3. Turn the TUNE/SELECT dial to step between the channels. Press the TUNE/SELECT dial to select the current station.
4. If there is an ensemble (or multiplex) corresponding to the selected channel and frequency, the display will show a tuning meter with the signal strength and multiplex name after a few seconds.
6. To exit the manual scan mode, press the TUNE/SELECT dial.